Monday, July 9, 2012

So you could say I've had a busy week.

For any of you that really know me, know that I'm quite the morning person. And for those of you who don't know me that well, that was some extreme sarcasm. Waking up at 630 every morning to ensure I get a hot shower has definitely solidified the fact that I still really hate mornings. 630? Really? No one should have to wake up that early for ANY reason. But I wake up that early because my hatred for cold showers overrides my hatred for mornings. So, it looks like I'll be waking up at 630 on weekdays for the next 3 months. Yay! God's already using the smallest things to stretch me. Which I'm totally okay with!

So after I wake up at 630, shower, and get ready for the day, I walk downstairs and eat a breakfast that usually consists of cereal and maybe some toast. And tea, lots of tea. They're crazy tea drinkers here. Some Americans living here are coffee drinkers, so I'll have an occasional french press cup of coffee. That's always comforting and somehow makes me feel a little more at home. Love it. After breakfast we have "tidy time" which is 20 minutes of a whole-house cleaning. Pretty cool if you think about it, and it makes it so much easier for the maintenance people here. After tidy time, we get to the fun part.. lectures! Lectures have been so amazing already and we've only had a few. It's crazy to think how much I've learned in just a week of being here. I love it though! We have lectures till about 1pm and then it's lunch time. After lunch, I have free time until "work duties" at 345. My work duty is helping make dinner. It's seriously so much fun! I can't believe I haven't been cooking much back home. (Besides the occasional cooking class with Charlene!) Dinner is at 530, and after that we usually have some kind of activity until 9. And then I become a grandma and go to bed shortly thereafter. So I've strangely transformed into more of a morning person than a night person. But not by choice. Weekends here are extremely chill. Since we help out with the youth ministry on Saturdays, our weekend is Sunday and Monday. And that consists of eating lots of bread (which might possibly be the death of me), junk food, drinking tea, and watching  movies in your sweats. Like I said, extremely chill. Love it!

I have been seriously slacking on the whole taking pictures thing here, sorry! No worries though, I'll try to step up my game here shortly. Until then, here's a measly few to hold you over.. Enjoy! For those of you who have instagram, I'm sorry because you'll probably have already seen these pictures.  And please don't judge, because I'm not a photographer! Miss you all back home, but I'm enjoying life here so much!
Much love xoxo
My first real-life Koala! And now I want one..

Korean Church with Kimichi after.. so awesome!

Hair dying fun!

So essssited!

TimTams will eventually make me fat. So. Stinkin. Good.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of being a grandma!! :) I miss you and it sounds like you're having an amazing time in the land down unda! Keep blogging and instagramming (new verb?) because I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok those first two lines are great. I think you are finding your inner writer. Love reading these! I'm literally hanging on every word and imagining it all in my mind. Love you sis. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I love it! Thanks for the day in the life of a YWAMer at Newy post! What do you do for Youth Street?? Did you meet Dieuwke?? :) You are soo cute! Totally loving your updates. Keep it coming ;) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look for updates here and it makes me so happy to see how it is going!! You are so strong to be able to do this, it is truly inspiring. Love you Meesh, I hope God keeps doing His good stuff! I got this whole Google Blogger think just so I can follow you :)

    ReplyDelete