Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Life As I Know It

Hi friends!
I'm here! Yay! I feel like I have been so disconnected from everything theses past few days because I've had no access to technology.

Which in a way, is kind of awesome.

But! Not awesome because I miss talking to everyone!
When I arrived on Monday, the first thing I asked for was a shower. And boy was it hot. That's when I knew I really loved this place. There's nothing that puts me in a better mood than a hot shower. Actually, there's nothing that puts me in a terrible mood like a cold shower. So for these hot showers, I am thankful.

Everyone here is so nice! And they are from all over the world. Pretty awesome. I have 5 people on my DTS plus 3 leaders. A girl from Newcastle (my roommate), a "kiwi" (someone from New Zealand), a boy from Germany (yay, I'll be able to speak dutch!), and a guy from Brooksville, Florida (represent!). My two staff are girls from the states and my leader is an Aussie guy.They're pretty awesome.

There's a creative DTS here at the same time. They have 6 people in their DTS and we do most of our lectures with them in the morning. And then there's some people here doing secondary schools (schools for which you have to complete a DTS), and then a ton of other staff. So there's a wide variety of people here, and that's so awesome! There's always someone new to talk to and find out their story. Pretty cool.

This week is orientation week, so we haven't gotten into too much material yet. Yesterday morning we had base worship and that was so awesome! The leaders kind of layed out what they wanted for this next season, and it sounds like some pretty exciting things are going to happen! I'm so excited!

The time difference is crazy. I'm in the future! Skyping home is probably going to be pretty difficult. It's either going to be late at night or early in the morning for either of us. But I'm sure we'll make it work. I haven't been able to because of one small problem: the outlets here don't fit American plugs. Yaaaay! So now I need converters for my plugs, and I have yet to get those. So once I do, I can hopefully Skype you people!

I'm so excited for these next 12 weeks! I ask for prayer for openness to whatever God wants to show  me and teach me, because that's the reason I'm here. I know my life as I know it will never be the same. And I am so ready for that!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your YWAM lingo haha, Im so so proud of you Shell and I will be an avid reader of this here blog. You are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell! Im excited to see what God has for you these next 12 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhh Shell I'm like screaming with excitement!! So so so cool!! :) And the guy from Brooksville, I have mutual friends with him! Someone just contacted me to tell me they have a friend going to Newcastle too, and I said, 'oh! They'll be with Shell!' Anyways, I'm praying and will probably be stalking you every second to see what you're up to! Can't wait to join you in a few short months! Miss you and love you muchly! xo Vanessa

    ReplyDelete